Making a public notice may be handled in many ways: a public newspaper, posted at the local courthouse or library, or recording on a public record.
● This private website offers a posting where you can publish in your local paper a web link to this location, this is specifically helpful for lengthy notices: https://recorder.americaunincorporated.org
● Click the purple “Sign Up” button on the top right-hand side of the page
● Use an email address that you control and a secure password
● Once signed up, you’ll receive an email that will contain a link. Clicking that link will verify
your email address and unlock your new Land Recording System account
● Log into your newly verified LRS account
● You can now complete your user profile. Be sure to fill out all profile information. This
information allows the system to properly connect you to your State/County recorder so
all recording activities can happen correctly and efficiently.
● When you’re ready to order a Credential Card, you can upload a “headshot” image and a
○ Be sure your “headshot” image shows you from the shoulders & up, has a neutral
and light-colored background, and is as clear as possible (think “passport photo”).
○ In your “headshot” photo your shoulders should touch the bottom edge of the
image and a small gap just above your head/hair should touch the top of the image.
○ If you wear glasses, remove them for the “headshot” photo.
○ For your thumbprint image, use red ink on white paper to create a clear “camera-ready” thumbprint.
○ Your thumbprint photo must show your thumbprint from edge to edge. The idea is
to have your thumbprint show as large as possible in the photo.
○ Be sure to use good lighting when taking the thumbprint photo so the image is as
crisp and clear as possible.
Any issues with this website, please contact their support, this is not run by The California Assembly: